Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pretty Pictures

I have started to enjoy taking pictures more and more the past couple of years. I am in no way, shape or form very good at it but I do like to explore the very small creative side of my brain and try to come up with some pretty pictures. I received Photoshop Elements version 6.0 a couple of years ago as a gift. I felt quite overwhelmed and didn't even know where to begin. So I put it off. Now two years later, I'm feeling a little more determined. Maybe because now I have the most beautiful and precious subject in the whole world, my sweet Lily. I looked into taking a class and I think that would be a really fun thing to do at some point but I have also recently found endless amounts of free tutorials online from wonderful people simply blogging their "how to's" of Photoshop. I have learned a few things but I still don't really feel like I completely get it. There are layers and masks and a billion other things to understand but it feels exciting to at least learn something and maybe little by little I'll get a better grasp of the big picture.

I wanted to learn how to make eyes "sparkle" so I googled, Photoshop Elements eyes and found some helpful information here. Here is a before and after of Lily using the techniques I found and a few other touches I added myself!

Before:


After:


Look at those eyes sparkle! I know what you are thinking, She really is the cutest baby in the world. Told you.

Gotta go! So much to learn and so little time!!

0 comments: