Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Beard

Ladies, Gentlement, Friends and Countrymen: It's that time of year again. Yes it is. Every Winter and pretty much whenever he justs gets tired of shaving, Houston grows a beard. But this particular beard had been looming for quite some time now. It began taking it's shape some time last Summer and has hung around ever since. There had been a few trimmings now and then but lately the trimmings had stopped and it was getting a little out of hand. So when March 1st rolled around, I negotiated with my husband that Spring was coming and it was time to say goodbye to the beard. He was hesitant at first, his main reason being worried Lily would not recognize him. Awww so sweet. I coached him along that even if she seemed a little confused it wouldn't take long and she would be fine. So on March 1, 2010 Houston bravely said goodbye to his ever growing friend.


Sadly, I didn't even recognize him so I freaked out, took Lily and fled the country.

Okay not really. But, WOW what a difference! We got a few other pictures that I can't post without permission to do so. I'll see what I can do. We had some pretty good laughs. Houston has a little too much fun while shaving and comes out to show me the different "designs" he's come up with. But the best of all is the good ol' stache. Oh it cracks me up everytime. There is something about a stache that is hilarious and disgusting at the same time. I had the camera out and ready. We got to laughing and really got some good ones then. It's funny already but add Houston cracking up and you've got a doozy.

The next day when Houston got home from work, Lily and I were playing in the living room anxiously awaiting his arrival. Houston was anxious to see her and see if she would react at all. And she did! But it was so sweet. She was patting his face and touching his lips like she was discovering something new. She didn't act like she didn't know him at all. In fact she smiled at him even more and just kept looking at him and smiling. It was almost like she was saying, "Oh Dad, you shaved again" while she patted his face. It was a hit and Houston was beaming.

Moral of the story, Always listen to your wife.

0 comments: