Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bueller, Bueller?

Frye? Well hello blog world. I have truly missed you. I have forgotten how therapeutic blogging can be. Is anyone even out there? I realize I have let you all down. I know you have been left in complete and utter suspense checking for updates daily or maybe even hourly and I have left you with nothing. How selfish of me. Well here I am.

I did manage to post a couple of short updates of our sweet little Lily. She is four days from being six months old. What? Sometimes I honestly don't even know what year it is, what month we're in or what season we're approaching. They say having a baby changes everything. Boy were "they" right. Our little dumpling has been a perfect angel thus far but even so, parenthood has been quite the adjustment. Now at six months in, I can honestly say it really is the best thing in the whole world. I had heard so many people say that and truthfully there were times in the beginning that I wasn't so sure. What in the world was wrong with me? Oh right, I had just become responsible for a whole human. Yeah, a whole human. Houston; how can I describe how wonderful he is? Those first couple of months in my exhausted, new mommy, overwhelmed state I went to bed every night resting in the peace of having him right there with me, thanking Jesus for the solid rock that he is for me. Little by little and day by day I have grown quite accustomed to this new roll called Mommy. And I do love it. Boy do I love it. I can not imagine our family without her. When H and I put our little angel to bed each night, we let out a little sigh and thoroughly enjoy our time alone but I am telling you, each and every morning it feels like Christmas and we race up to get our cooing and squealing baby girl out of bed, ready for another precious day.

Well, so long for now, but more to come, I promise! I know you'll all be anxiously awaiting (Mom) so I mustn't let you down! One last thing; to the great Farris Bueller's Day Off, let's take a moment and remember what an epic movie it truly is.

Just a note: I had to repost all of the old posts when I recently updated the blog template. I lost the original post dates (plus everyone's sweet comments) so that is why each of the older posts say, original post date... yada yada. Also, please look for Lily's page, (our baby) to be updated soon where you can find all things lily!

0 comments: