Saturday, January 23, 2010

Haunting Tales from Eureka Springs (original post date 12/2/08)

Truly, Thanksgiving is a great holiday. It's so fun to be with familly and friends as the cold weather sets in with Christmas lurking right around the corner. After turkeying it up with our families H & I headed east to meet some of our favorite friends, Blake & Shelly, in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. It was a great trip complete with a Ghost Tour at the Crescent, a red heart shaped jacuzzi and Snow!!! I mean really, does it get any better than that? Not to mention how hilarious Blake is. He kept the laughter rolling, as usually. I kept leaving my camera in the car throughout the trip so I didn't get many photos at all. (I hate it when I do that!) However, I did get a few.
This is the little cabin H & I stayed in. It was really cute and cozy. It was basically two rooms. The front room had a bed, some recliners, a tv and a fireplace. The back room had a red heart shaped jazuzzi (and another tv for some jacuzzi R&R and a movie!), a little kitchen area with a mini fridge, sink and microwave, and a bath room with a shower off of that room. The best part of all was waking up to snow on Sunday morning. We had our fire going all night (gas logs) and it was so cozy!

On Saturday night we went to the Old, Creepy, Crescent Hotel on the hill for a ghost tour. They say the place is haunted and the show, Ghost Hunters has even been there to film some of the "action".
There was a group of about 30 people or so all standing in the hallway on the 2nd floor of the hotel next to the grand stairway leading down to the lobby. A very enthusiastic gentlemen with a nasaly voice began the tour by talking about how he reads peoples energies and the many layers of auras we all have. At this point I'm a little annoyed and thinking, whatever dude. He was telling us to be aware of what was happening around us as we went through the tour and if we felt weird or something strange around us that it was probably a ghost, oh I mean an "out of body person". I was so over it until suddenly I felt something strange. I started to get really hot and light headed. My heart started racing and I turned to Houston and said, "I think I'm going to pass out." There was a landing in the middle of the stairway with a bench and I managed to make it down the stairs. I wanted to keep going on down to the lobby but honestly I was really scared. I had never felt this way before and I didn't think I would make it. Houston came down to check on me and I was aware that the entire group of people could have easily been watching and wondering what was happening but I felt so terrible that it didn't bother me. Houston, on the other hand, was very aware of the group nearby and seemed to think I was putting on some sort of dramatic scene, like I was part of the tour or something. He kept telling me under his breath as serious as can be, "Stop." He was literally annoyed at this overly dramatic production he thought I was putting on. I had no energy to fight back. Instead I just started falling over and he was holding me up by the back of my coat. I think my eyes were mostly closed and I think once Houston noticed that I had no reaction to him telling me to stop and I wouldn't even look at him, that I was not "pretending". So after a few minutes I started feeling much better and we walked down to the lobby. I felt well enough for Houston to go back to the tour and I was happy setting on the coach by the fire. So I guess those energies, auras and spirits really just took over my body and... just kidding. I think we were standing in the large group too long and I must have locked my knees or something. Thankfully I didn't pass out and I'll never let H forget how he kept telling me to "Stop". He might be upset that I'm telling this to the world on our blog but I really don't say it to make him feel bad or look like a bad husband. That's just sort of his personality and it makes me laugh. He's not one to butter me up and baby me which I actually like. Maybe every once in while, but for the most part he lets me do my own thing. However, if I ever feel like passing out again, I think he'll be a little more gentle!

After saying our goodbyes on Sunday to Blake & Shelly we decided to drive over to the Eagle Crest Mill for lunch. It was a really pretty area close to Beaver Lake. I got a couple of shots of H very entrigued with the mill.

We had such a fun time with our friends and spending some quality time together as well! I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and...

Merry Christmas!

0 comments: